I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by BlondeRJ. Thank you, RJ!
For those of you who don’t know, the Liebster Award is a fun way for online communities to get to know each other, like many other blogging awards. I don’t normally participate, because life happens, but this week I could use a fun post to break up the serious stuff I’m chewing on for future posts.
1. What do you believe with all of your heart – and no one can convince you otherwise?
With all my heart, I believe God loves people and wants to be with them. As a follower of Jesus, and one who desires to share His heart in everything, I believe I should also love people and live life with them.
2. Have you ever read the book of John in the Bible? Why or why not?
I have. I even blogged about it: “I had been wondering why so many believers hand the Bible to nonbelievers and recommend that they start with the book of John. It wouldn’t be my first choice of Bible books, or of the gospels, for that matter. Then God reminded me of John 20:31, sort of the purpose statement for John’s gospel: “These [things] are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name.” And I thought, you know, that’s what knowing Jesus is all about: life. (Heck, that’s what God is all about). With that in mind, I set out to read the book of John and consider this theme of life.”
3. Who is your best friend? Why?
I wouldn’t say I have a best friend. I have a circle of dear friends, with whom I share my life, and they with me. It changes as seasons of my life change.
4. What would (or did) you name your first daughter? What does that name mean?
I have a feeling that my daughters (if I ever have any) will come to me pre-named.
5. Have you ever prayed? What did you say?
I have prayed so many times, and said so many things, but I’d say my prayer life has been characterized by honest communication with God. When I’ve been angry, He has heard; sad, He has heard; excited, He has heard; in love, He has heard. In the past few years, I’ve also been learning to listen.
6. Who do you honestly love the most? Why?
Honestly? God. He loves me – really loves me – and has stepped in countless times when no one else could or would.
Second to that, my dad. Sometimes, it’s hard to remember that loving God comes first, and then loving my dad (and everyone else). Again, he loves me. He asks questions. He makes sure I know why I’m doing what I’m doing.
Nothing happens in my life without God and my dad knowing.
7. Why do you blog? What started it for you?
I started blogging to keep in touch with a good friend who went on a mission trip about nine years ago. I continue blogging because writing is the best way for me to get thoughts out of my head for people to see and speak into them.
8. What purpose where you made for? And how do you know?
I was created to know God. I know because that’s just something He set in my heart.
9. What’s your worst fear?
I don’t know that any of my fears are worse than the others. Any fear that keeps me from doing what I’m supposed to be doing would be my worst fear, I guess.
10. What’s the worst nightmare you ever had?
I was outside of an abortion clinic protesting, and a loved one walked out. I asked her what she was doing there, and she wouldn’t meet my eyes or answer me. I told her I wanted to help her, and she said, “No one can help me now.” (And I want to be clear, it was those six words that made it a nightmare.)
11. Do you know that Jesus Christ died for you? Do you know He loves you? And I do too.
If you’re reading this, consider yourself tagged for the Liebster Award. You don’t have to have your own blog, just leave a comment with your answers. I’d love to get to know you more, too. 🙂
Here are my questions:
- What’s your favorite kind of food? Why?
- Do you follow sports? If so, which sports/teams?
- Name three books that have impacted you, and why. (And if you’re going with the Bible, name specific books in the Bible).
- Who is your hero? Why?
- Three random things about yourself. Go.
- Favorite color(s)?
- Craziest thing you’ve ever done with your hair?
- Special talents?
- How would you define your view of God?
- Favorite news source?
- Favorite Bible verse or inspirational quote?
And as a special added bonus…
Who are you voting for in the 2016 election and why? (I am JUST KIDDING. Nobody answer that.)